Ron Hutchinson Photography

Ron Hutchinson Photography
Images on this blog are NOT public domain. Copyright Ron Hutchinson Photography 2010 © all rights reserved.
Unauthorized use is prohibited.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Brown Pelican takeoff!!

Adult brown pelican in summer plumage takes flight from a piling at Tybee Island Beach.IMG_13966Available Sizes for print:8x1212x1816x2420x30

I had just arrived at Tybee beach and was setting up in the edge of the surf next to the jetties when this fellow plopped down on a piling in the water about 40 yards away. I just had time to take off my lens cap, turn on my camera, and focus on him...got off three frames...this one caught my eye as he was leaning...one foot off the piling towards sure flight. He still has his summer plumage.

No comments:

Post a Comment