Ron Hutchinson Photography

Ron Hutchinson Photography
Images on this blog are NOT public domain. Copyright Ron Hutchinson Photography 2010 © all rights reserved.
Unauthorized use is prohibited.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wood Stork Shows off his beautiful Wingspan!!

Wood stork shows off his beautiful wingspan while catching the sun rays. Skidaway Island. Savannah, GARHP_4945.BUY PRINTS OR LICENSE

A wood stork shows off his beautiful wing span while catching a few rays of the morning sunlight at Skidaway Island. Savannah GA.

This is one of more images to come from this weeks bald eagle photo shoot.
This beautiful wood-stork came in just after daylight and perched on a dead tree to wait on fishing possibilities. when he flew in, the eagles had already left early and it was too dark to make an image. I continued to watch him as he put on a wonderful display while sunning in the morning light.
Unfortunately Mr baldy eluded me on every occasion. I was not able to capture the images that I thought would truly show the beauty of this gorgeous raptor up close and personal, but was able to capture images of other coastal birds in their habitat.
This pair of bald eagles are wild and not very tolerant of human presence,so it has been very hard to get into a position that will allow me to capture a really nice image of them. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve though..lol
I have been setting up and quietly getting into position on this pair every morning since Wednesday. Trying not to disturb their natural day to day routine, I sat up quietly before daylight at the bend of a large salt/fresh water pond where they have been roosting and fishing early in the morning. Two of the mornings were so cloudy that I was struggling to get enough light to get a decent image. One of the mornings they left the roost for parts unknown right at daylight, the last morning...same thing. I know that they were feeling my presence, so I decided not to continue on Sunday, I will give them the week and then try again in a different spot this coming weekend. The absolute worse thing that a wildlife photographer can do is to pressure an animal or bird into changing it's natural pattern of movement...when that happens you are too close.
More images to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment