Ron Hutchinson Photography

Ron Hutchinson Photography
Images on this blog are NOT public domain. Copyright Ron Hutchinson Photography 2010 © all rights reserved.
Unauthorized use is prohibited.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Cattle Egret Overhead!!

Cattle Egret In Flight- Winter plumage. Skidaway Island. Savannah,GArhpc_5346BUY PRINTS OR LICENSE
While standing, watching, waiting, for the pair of bald eagles, this cattle egret flew overhead. The morning sunlight reflecting a soft gold off his wings was definitely a bonus.
Hidden by the marsh and switch grass, there were times that I became a landing pad..lol. Twice I had birds almost land on me before they even knew that I was there. Two wood-storks almost landed on my head before noticing that I was there.
It happened so fast that all I captured of this cattle egret was two frames..the one above and the second one that missed him altogether because I was shooting almost straight up.
This bird was in its winter plumage which is white, spring and summer their plumage starts to display yellow/orange colors on the head and breast area.

No comments:

Post a Comment